Checkout doesn't show error language strings

3 years 4 months ago
More
Topic Author
Checkout doesn't show error language strings #3933
I have a problem in the shopping cart during checkout, if information is entered wrong or missing there is either a generic "invalid data entered" error or none at all. Only the email field is subtly outlined in red if it is invalid or missing. Other required fields do not outline in red when empty and there is no specific error to explain what is incorrect. My client has frustrated customers that are unable to complete an order because they don't understand what information is entered wrong.

The most urgent issue is when incorrect payment information is entered the displayed error notice is simply Invalid data entered. This is happening with the 3rd party payment plugin "Offline Credit Card Processing" by Alatak. I submitted a support request with Alatak and Valérie replied, The problem comes from the OPC: it displays a generic error message "Invalid data entered."

I tested this hypothesis by renaming plugins/system/vmuikit_onepage and testing checkout with incorrect credit card payment information. The detailed errors where displayed correctly. I then re-enabled vmuikit_onepage plugin and attempted to checkout with the same information missing. In this case the only error returned was "Invalid data entered." So it appears VMuikit OnePage is the cause. Is this a mistake on my installation only? Or perhaps a bug in the software that can be fixed?

Joomla 3.4.8
Virtuemart 3.0.14
VMuikit 3.1.6

Thanks, Richard
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 4 months ago
More
Topic Author
Checkout doesn't show error language strings #3936
This is still a problem. Is it VMuikit that's hiding or replacing the error messages from the payment plugin?

3 years 4 months ago 3 years 4 months ago by . Reason: Unable to enter BOTH admin folder login and Joomla Super User login details
More
Topic Author
Checkout doesn't show error language strings #3945
I forgot to add login details for the password-protected administrator folder. I'm sending those extra login details in the Admin and server section of this post.

Richard

3 years 4 months ago
More
Checkout doesn't show error language strings #3951
Hello
Something strange in Your site. In your site sessions are not working properly.
It will Work perfectly on Our demo Servers.
Take look in demo1.vmuikit.com.

3 years 4 months ago
More
Topic Author
Checkout doesn't show error language strings #3952
Please explain details of "sessions are not working properly." I don't know what to look for when viewing your demo, or how that helps me figure out how to fix this issue. All I know is it works correctly with VMuikit disabled, but it is a problem when VMuikit is enabled.

Richard

3 years 3 months ago 3 years 3 months ago by .
More
Topic Author
Checkout doesn't show error language strings #3956
I tested your demo at demo1.vmuikit.com and it is NOT working correctly! With an incorrect credit card number, no email and terms not checked, the error notices only read:
  1. Please Accept the Terms of Service to Confirm
  2. Please Select a Payment Method (there's nothing to select, there's only one option) This should load the errors from Offline Credit Card Processing payment plugin.
  3. Invalid Data Entered (no email)

Richard
Attachments:

3 years 3 months ago
More
Checkout doesn't show error language strings #3960
Hi,
Please check demo1.vmuikit.com. We added same payment method. It worked perfectly.

3 years 3 months ago
More
Topic Author
Checkout doesn't show error language strings #3968
I'm not seeing it working perfectly. There is still no specific error messages regarding incorrect credit card information from the Offline Credit Card Processing plugin.
Attachments:

3 years 3 months ago
More
Checkout doesn't show error language strings #3971
Hi,
Please fill the email address first. If User enter valid address details then only we check payment details.
Take look on below screenshot.
Attachments:

3 years 3 months ago 3 years 3 months ago by .
More
Topic Author
Checkout doesn't show error language strings #3984
I see it works on your demo, but it only works the first time. If you fix an error in the address or email field and only credit card info is wrong the error then only says "invalid data entered".

Your demo is using an old version of the payment plugin Offline Credit Card Processing. Current version is 2.5.5.

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.182 seconds