Cache issues

3 years 5 months ago
More
Topic Author
Cache issues #3826
This is my first site with Vmuikit and I am getting there slowly.
I have never had this as an issue before though - every time i do anything in the VM admin i have to go to the Joomla cache and delete it before i can view the changes in the front end.
Everything from adding an image to a product or category or even just adding a new category.
I have Cache disabled in Joomla Global Config - what else can i do to stop this happening please? when i turn the site over to the owners this will drive them mad!
thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 5 months ago
More
Cache issues #3827
Virtuemart has started to cache lots of things now (like categories and some other things). Which people have recuested should be a setting on off in backend. But its not yet. Will probably be soon.

Yootheme also caches things (so does Widgetkit) and there is no option to disable this,.

This is somthing we should try to make them add to their products because I have been working with that to and it can be frustrating.

I usally now always install this: www.nonumber.nl/extensions/cachecleaner ... i clears Joomla cache on any save, aricles, Virtuemart products, modules, categories or anything you add so that helps alot. And its free.

Sometimes it might be server settings that is behind cache too....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.097 seconds