Onepage checkout - tax details not shown unless reload cart page

3 years 7 months ago 3 years 7 months ago by . Reason: found another problem
More
Topic Author
Onepage checkout - tax details not shown unless reload cart page #3391
I'm having a couple issues with VMuikit Onepage plugin.

1. I have tax enabled for a single state in the USA. In the cart, when I select the state that has tax (Colorado) the total price updates to include the tax but the itemized line that shows the amount and type of tax doesn't display unless I reload the page. (See attached screenshots.) I have VMuikit installed on another website and it doesn't work there either.

2. When I click "Add a Note or Special Request" button, enter a note and click Submit button, there is a progress bar that never finishes. The page is then locked up and I have to refresh the page to get out of it. After refreshing the note I previously added is saved - shows if I click the Add a Note button again. I thought it might be a javascript conflict, but I ran it with Firebug Console enabled and there are no errors. The other site I have VMuikit installed doesn't have this problem.

3. If I have a product in the cart, then delete it, it still shows the price and full cart layout. Usually removing a product reloads a page to show Your cart is empty with a Continue Shopping button. (see screenshot)

My guess is all these problems are caused by the same issue.
This is a development site - www.joomlajive.com
Joomla 3.4.8
Virtuemart 3.0.12
VMuikit 3.1.2
YooTheme Lykka template 1.0.6

Thanks,
Richard
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 7 months ago 3 years 7 months ago by zsimaiof.
More
Onepage checkout - tax details not shown unless reload cart page #3396
Hello, Please use latest one page that we already fixed 2 points.
We are working now on tax rule problem.
Thanks

3 years 7 months ago
More
Topic Author
Onepage checkout - tax details not shown unless reload cart page #3397
I figured out the updated code you added is in VMuikit version 3.1.2 (which I already had installed). You modified the onepage.js file but kept the version number the same. I replaced the onepage.js file and tested successfully. Now the Add a Note and Remove product from cart both update the page correctly. Thank you!

Richard

3 years 7 months ago
More
Topic Author
Onepage checkout - tax details not shown unless reload cart page #3445
I updated to VMuikit 3.1.3 in hopes it would fix the final issue of showing itemized state tax amount in the cart after Colorado state is selected. However it still doesn't display unless I refresh the checkout page. Also, now this problem you fixed earlier has returned: When I remove the product from the cart, it doesn't show Continue Shopping button, instead product is removed but the total price and full cart layout remains. The other problem you fixed before - add a note - is still working correctly.

I installed VMuikit 3.1.3 twice to verify it didn't miss any files. I tried clearing Joomla and browser cache multiple times, and retested several times all with the same result. :-(

Thanks for you help with this,
Richard

3 years 7 months ago
More
Onepage checkout - tax details not shown unless reload cart page #3476
Hello
You are using plugin override in template which cause this problem. i think you modified some code in your plugin override. please use latest files from one page plugin and change your modification there.

3 years 7 months ago
More
Topic Author
Onepage checkout - tax details not shown unless reload cart page #3484
You are correct. I modified the OnePage plugin files from VMuikit 3.1.3 and replaced them in my plugin override. That fixed the issue of showing itemized state tax amount in the cart after Colorado state is selected.

However, the other problem remains: when I remove the product from the cart, it doesn't reload to show Continue Shopping button, instead product is removed but the total price and full cart layout remains (see attached screenshot). I disabled all of my template/html/ overrides to onepage plugin and com_virtuemart but the problem remains. I disabled VMuikit Onepage plugin and the problem no longer exists. Previously you fixed this by editing the onepage.js file, but I didn't document those changes and that file was overwritten when I updated to 3.1.3 so I can't replace your modifications.

Sorry I'm so much trouble!
Richard
Attachments:

3 years 7 months ago
More
Onepage checkout - tax details not shown unless reload cart page #3498
have you tried without your modified files ? i checked in demo server. it works good there.

3 years 7 months ago
More
Topic Author
Onepage checkout - tax details not shown unless reload cart page #3509
That's what I said... "I disabled all of my template/html/ overrides to onepage plugin and com_virtuemart but the problem remains. I disabled VMuikit Onepage plugin and the problem no longer exists."

3 years 7 months ago
More
Onepage checkout - tax details not shown unless reload cart page #3518
Hi,
Please download Latest files and use.
The following user(s) said Thank You sZ8dMTApZ7

3 years 6 months ago
More
Topic Author
Onepage checkout - tax details not shown unless reload cart page #3629
That fixed it!
I downloaded VMuikit again and installed it over the previous. The old version and new version are both 3.1.3 but there are many modified files. I replaced my template/html overrides with files from the latest installer and added my changes. Tested thoroughly and all is working perfectly as expected.

Thanks for the awesome support.
Richard

Time to create page: 0.150 seconds