Adding table in VM product short description breaks page layout on category list

3 years 7 months ago 3 years 7 months ago by . Reason: fix the link
More
Topic Author
Adding table in VM product short description breaks page layout on category list #3317
I need to display an HTML table in the VM product's short description to show the quantity discounts. When I do it breaks the layout of the category view, Sidebar A and everything below the products list (bottom and footer modules) disappear. If I remove the table the page layout is correct.

I found the short description length limit in VMuikit override com_virtuemart > themes > grids > list.php. I added a template HTML override to increased it so the short description isn't truncated.
Line 90:
// Output: Product Short Description
	if (!empty($product->product_s_desc) && $hideshort_desc != "yes") {
		$html.=     '<div class="uk-width-1-1  uk-text-center-small">';
		$html.=         shopFunctionsF::limitStringByWord($product->product_s_desc, 1000, '...');
		$html.=     '</div>';

That helped so the entire short description is shown, but modules are still missing. Looking at the generated HTML code for page looks like some tags are missing but I can't find the problem.

This is a development site on temporary URL. The affected pages can be found here when you view any category .
I started setting up the Bobeches and Dishes Spun > 18GA CRS and 11GA HRS categories with tables. Other categories do the same thing when the short description ends with a link. If I remove the link or move it to the beginning of the paragraph the problem is gone.

This site is Joomla 3.4.7
Virtuemart 3.0.12
YooTheme Gusto template 1.0.7 / Warp 7.3.15 (there's an update to 7.3.16 I haven't applied yet, but this problem was happening before that became available).
VMuikit 3.1.0

I'm stumped trying to identify and fix the cause. Any help you can provide will be fantastic!
Richard

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 7 months ago
More
Topic Author
Adding table in VM product short description breaks page layout on category list #3318
I found the solution after testing every variable I could think of.
It turns out if I end the short description with text in a paragraph or not, the category list of products layout is broken. However, if I put the text paragraph at the beginning of the short description and the HTML table at the end it works. Not sure why or how to fix it, but I can live with that limitation for now.

Richard

3 years 7 months ago
More
Adding table in VM product short description breaks page layout on category list #3319
Hello
Make sure you missed any html tag which may break layout.
Thanks

Time to create page: 0.107 seconds