VMUikit registration fields conditional on basket/products chosen: Possible?

3 years 8 months ago 3 years 8 months ago by .
More
Topic Author
VMUikit registration fields conditional on basket/products chosen: Possible? #3278
Dear all

our setup :

Joomla 3.4.5
Virtuemart 3.0.10
VMUikit 3.0.9 (with overrides)

Assume:

-both guest and standard registration at checkout are offered
-store sells a mix of physical and virtual products
-a virtual products plugin is installed (istraxx or other).
-weight of virtual products is set to 0, weight of a physical product > 0
- Therefore: A Cart/basket containing physical products only or a mix of physical and virtual will have a weight > 0; a basket containing only virtual products will have weight =0.

Assume now a new (non-registered) customer buys virtual / Download products only.
I would like to offer him / her the opportunity to register without having to give all address details (e.g. with only username/password/email and country, but nothing else, since we only need to know the country where they are situated, for VAT purposes).
The reason for this is that customers do not like to leave unnecessary information nowadays, and will tend to drop the basket if presented with an excessively tedious (and maybe unnecessary) registration procedure.

Objective : I am looking to find a way of making the user registration forms dynamically conditional on properties of the basket (in our case weight), e.g. offer a reduced billing / registration form if weight = 0 and offer a lengthier/complete billing/registration form and shipment form if weight > 0.

I have posted this question in the Virtuemart forums see this link
The answer I received was that I should look at :
components\com_virtuemart\views\user\tmpl\edit_address.php is where the BT/ST forms are displayed
components\com_virtuemart\views\user\tmpl\edit_address_userfields.php are where the user fields are looped thru
components\com_virtuemart\views\cart\tmpl\default_address.php is where the address choice etc is rendered

The idea is that one should call the cart object, check the weight condition, and hide some of the form entries depending on the characteristics of the cart object.

The question I am posing to the forum is therefore if I should focus my attention on the virtuemart views themselves or work on the vmuikit overrides

I was considering the following files

plugins/system/vmuikit_override/com_virtuemart/user/edit_address.php
plugins/sysmte/vmuikit_override/com_virtuemart/themes/default/user/edit_address_userfields.php
plugins/system/vmuikit_override/com_virtuemart/themes/default/checkout/default_addressdetails.php

Am I on the right track? Thank you in advance for any suggestions / help etc

Giacomo Bruzzo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 8 months ago
More
VMUikit registration fields conditional on basket/products chosen: Possible? #3281
yes. the files you point out is correct.
plugins/system/vmuikit_override/html_override/com_virtuemart/user/edit_address.php
plugins/system/vmuikit_override/html_override/com_virtuemart/themes/default/user/edit_address_userfields.php
plugins/system/vmuikit_override/html_override/com_virtuemart/themes/default/checkout/default_addressdetails.php

3 years 8 months ago
More
Topic Author
VMUikit registration fields conditional on basket/products chosen: Possible? #3284
Hello Mani, thank you for your reply.

glad I identified the correct files in the VM Uikit tree.

I have also submitted a custom work request, as I believe I may be a bit over my head with this one. Having said this, to make sure I completely understand, I should, the modification I am putting in place should be achievable by only modifying VMUikit files while leaving the Virtuemart underlying ones untouched, am I correct?

Kind regards

Giacomo Bruzzo

3 years 8 months ago
More
VMUikit registration fields conditional on basket/products chosen: Possible? #3285
We will have a look at this custom development request soon here. We need to know how many hours work this would be.
We are releasing VMuikit 3.1.0 tomorrow and are currently a bit busy with that.

3 years 8 months ago
More
Topic Author
VMUikit registration fields conditional on basket/products chosen: Possible? #3289
totally understood, no rush, really excited about 3.1.0!

Cheers

Giacomo Bruzzo

3 years 8 months ago
More
Topic Author
VMUikit registration fields conditional on basket/products chosen: Possible? #3294
Installed 3.1.0, all working well, thank you

Time to create page: 0.090 seconds