Product SKU and custom fields in Category list view

3 years 10 months ago
More
Topic Author
Product SKU and custom fields in Category list view #2988
Hello,
to show the product SKU in the category list view:
Do have to adapt the override? or is there an option somewhere? I could not find anything so far and I don't want to change the overrides because of update changes.

For the customfields:
I have set "Show Customfileds in Category View" in VM UIKIT options but the customfield (catalog page) is not shown in the category view.
Thanks,
Sigrid

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 9 months ago
More
Product SKU and custom fields in Category list view #3014
Hello
We show cart variant custom field only in category view if "Show Customfileds in Category View" is enable. we can't show all other custom fields in category view which will break page.
If you want to show all other custom fields. we can do it as custom development which work only in your site.
Thanks

3 years 9 months ago
More
Topic Author
Product SKU and custom fields in Category list view #3124
I did not read it before that the custom fields are only cart fields. If you did not state it anywhere you should probably add this to your documentation because this was one reason we decided to use VMUIKIT.

How can I do my own custom overrides that are not overwritten by a VMUIKIT Update?

3 years 9 months ago
More
Product SKU and custom fields in Category list view #3125
Hello
If you want to show other custom fields in category page, please check custom fields file in below folder.

HTML/com_virtuemart/themes/default/category
The following user(s) said Thank You sigrid.gramlinger

3 years 9 months ago
More
Product SKU and custom fields in Category list view #3126
We are working on a plugin for this ... As VMuikit is a override in its whole concept its not that easy to override overrides in Joomla. But we are working on it as we understand it is a pain at the moment to update VMuikit.

My recommendation is that if you do custom code. Make a copy of that file. like "customfile_backup.php" and keep it in the same directory. Then it wont get overridden if you run an update. And the code is still there for you to either copy back into the new file or just test to rename it back to the original name.
The following user(s) said Thank You sigrid.gramlinger

Time to create page: 1.230 seconds