How to override VMUiKit layouts

4 years 4 months ago
More
Topic Author
How to override VMUiKit layouts #1460
I made some layout changes in vmUIkit 2.0.10. It works prefectly and it is a must in joomla/vm hovewer VMuikit is great but I think there is no middle way in layout that it suits for every user.
I want to download the 2.0.11 version, but Im afraid that my changes will be lost. I have enough experience with warp/uikit until 2.0.18, because the layout have to look like as the design.
My questions are:
- how can I update to vmuikit 2.0.11 without lost my changes?
- how can vmuikit user made changes in the layout without loosing the changes on update
! update is necessary for security reasons, bugfixes, so it is a must
! overriding is the core pattern in joomla as it use mvc design pattern, so vmuikit should not block this feature with layout overrides, because it is not suitable for everyone.
- what does this code mean? ... where mowebso gets themeName
$this->addTemplatePath(JPATH_SITE . '/templates/' . $mowebso->templateName . '/html/com_virtuemart/themes/' . $mowebso->themeName . '/productdetails/');
... maybe this would be the solution for my question.

Thank you for your answer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 4 months ago
More
How to override VMUiKit layouts #1478
You can change theme name in Mowebso library . file path is given below.

<JOOMLA_ROOT>/libraries/mowebso/joomla/mowebso.php

Line no: 178
$this->themeName = 'default'; // change theme name you want.

4 years 4 months ago 4 years 4 months ago by .
More
Topic Author
How to override VMUiKit layouts #1479
Do I have to copy default theme folder and rename it? Than changes made in the new (renamed custom folder)?

4 years 4 months ago
More
How to override VMUiKit layouts #1480
yes. but if you override with your custom code them, you may miss vmuikit feaures.

4 years 4 months ago
More
Topic Author
How to override VMUiKit layouts #1481
My goal is to make changes without loosing vmuikit features.
for ex. I want to make layout changes from uk-width-1-2 to uk-width-1-3 ... and I dont want to loose my work on every update.
So if I make changes in my custom folder, and backup before the update, update will replace the default folder, then I can compare changes with the new updated layout. Is this right?
The only plus is that I have time to compare :) Is there any version control for this, when we can see the changed files, code?

4 years 4 months ago
More
How to override VMUiKit layouts #1482
You can check file compare software to compare files. also check VMuikit changelog to know about changes we made.

Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You lostika

Time to create page: 0.111 seconds