A few questions about updates

4 years 5 months ago
More
Topic Author
A few questions about updates #1224
Hi, this morning I would need to update both the Yootheme Template (Avenue) as welll as your vmuikit with the last versions.
I have made some modifications to yootheme template (especially on css files but not only) as well as some html files (the ones included within html_vmuikit).
Yootheme does notify which files I have modified so I can easily merge contents from old to the new ones so the question is: how to proceed with the update of your component? Is it enough to update com_vmuikit-2.011.zip and the plg_vmuikit_onepage.zip or do have I to upload again also all files included into html_vmuikit?
In this case I will have to compare all modified files with the new ones and merge contents, and it will require some time. Any advice to speed up the update process?

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 5 months ago
More
A few questions about updates #1269
Well there are several softwares that can do compare of code in files. I can recommend Sublime as text editor and www.sublimerge.com/ .. for a function that compares files.

You could also add your project to something like GitHub to get some of these features.

4 years 5 months ago
More
Topic Author
A few questions about updates #1293
Yes I know there are several software that compare code lines. I am using KDiff3 since years and I am quite happy with it. My question was different but from your reply I understood I will have to replace all files including the ones into html folder ;-)
I was hoping to have to upload only com_vmuikit-2.011.zip and the plg_vmuikit_onepage.zip to update your component but if I will have to make the same work as when I update the Yoothemw template I'll do it.

4 years 5 months ago
More
A few questions about updates #1295
A reintall till overwrite old files ... and as this VMuikit already is like an override type of software there is no real way to override the overides.

We are working in VMuikit 3 and maybe we are able to do something about that.. a MVC override of the standard VMuikit. We will look into it.

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds