Product Details Translation

4 years 6 months ago
More
Topic Author
Product Details Translation #1056
Hello I am developing a new site and enjoying working with and customize both Yootheme template and your great Vmuikit theme. At this step I am malking some modifications on italian translations but I am encountering a strange issue into product details page. I need to change the text I highlighted in the attached file but I cannot funnily do it.
I worked on 'it-IT.com_virtuemart.ini' and modified the text related to the string COM_VIRTUEMART_PRODUCT_ENQUIRY_LBL but while in the popup (the one which does appear once you click the button) the modificaiton worked as expected, on the product details page it didn't and the text remained the same as before. It seems it is depending from a different ini file but I couldn't find it. I looked almost everywhere also in my pocket ;-)
Same for Related Products and Product Description. May you please let me know which .ini file I have to modify in order to reach my goal and change those texts?

Thank you.

p.s. You deserve compliments because of your very clean code. It's a pleasure and very easy working onyour pages and make all needed modifications.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 6 months ago
More
Product Details Translation #1058
Hello,

Please give Site Url. we will check it for you.,

4 years 6 months ago
More
Topic Author
Product Details Translation #1061
Hello, here we go. (the site is under development so I am including also superadmin access)

4 years 6 months ago
More
Product Details Translation #1062
Hello you are using wrong language text.

COM_VIRTUEMART_PRODUCT_ENQUIRY_LBL for product detail page.
COM_VIRTUEMART_PRODUCT_ASK_QUESTION for popup page

Thanks

4 years 6 months ago
More
Topic Author
Product Details Translation #1063
That's exactly what I did. In my it-IT.com_virtuemart.ini file I declared the following:

COM_VIRTUEMART_PRODUCT_ASK_QUESTION="Richiesta informazioni prodotto"
COM_VIRTUEMART_PRODUCT_ENQUIRY_LBL ="Chiedi informazioni su questo prodotto"

So, the text (COM_VIRTUEMART_PRODUCT_ASK_QUESTION) in the popup is correct because you can see "Richiesta informazioni prodotto" both on the .ini file and on the pop window (see file shot1_popup) but the product detail page text (COM_VIRTUEMART_PRODUCT_ENQUIRY_LB) is wrong because on my .ini file I declared: "Chiedi informazioni su questo prodotto" while on page appears "Fai una domanda su questo prodotto" (see shot2.jpg)

And the same for related products. On my .ini file I declared: COM_VIRTUEMART_RELATED_PRODUCTS="Potresti essere interessato anche a questo(i) prodotto(i)" while on page appears Prodotti correlati (see shot3.jpg)

So there is some problem on product details page and because fo it I was thinking that maybe anothere .ini file was managing the transaltions on that page.

Maybe there is something I do not understand...
Attachments:

4 years 6 months ago
More
Product Details Translation #1064
We need ftp to check.

but it must not be vmuikit issue., because we use language text for every text we render in frond end, if it works in other language then, it also work in italain language too

Thanks

4 years 6 months ago
More
Topic Author
Product Details Translation #1065
OK I am adding FTP credentials. Anyway it works everywhere except than product details page (and this is very unusual actually). I made some changes on various pages including /productdetails/defaulttab_start.php, but I don't think I made anything related with this issue. Did I maybe comment some wrong line?

Let me know, thank you.

4 years 6 months ago
More
Product Details Translation #1066
it refers administrator language file too.

/a-nuovosito/administrator/language/it-IT/it-IT.com_virtuemart.ini
The following user(s) said Thank You Avalon999

4 years 6 months ago
More
Topic Author
Product Details Translation #1067
Aaaahhhh ok now the mistery has vanished ;-) Thank you Mani, fast and effective support as usual.

Time to create page: 0.348 seconds